Analytics data from Search API usage
If you build your own search user interface using the AddSearch Search API, the following data is sent to AddSearch Analytics backend automatically:
- Keywords used
- Keywords not returning any results
addsearchStats.click( sitekey, keyword, clickedDocId, positionOfClickedDoc );
Function’s parameters are
- sitekey: Your public sitekey. Get it from your Dashboard’s Installation page
- keyword: Keyword used to do the search
- clickedDocId: ID of the search result being clicked. You get the ID from Search API’s response JSON, or calculate an MD5 hash of the document URL to create the ID by yourself
- positionOfClickedDoc: Position of the result being clicked. The first result is 1, the second is 2 and so on. This is an optional parameter.
When the addsearchStats.click function is invoked, the data of results clicks is used to improve your search results by our self-learning algorithm.