October 10th, 2019
September 26th, 2019
- Launched Multi-Factor Authentication for Dashboard login. Enable it from the Security link on Dashboard’s top right corner
- Added support for organization-specific security settings on the Enterprise plan: Password expiration time, automatic lock-up of inactive user accounts
- Separate results page: Fixed double encoding issue when the keyword contained an ampersand
- Implemented multi-factor authentication for payment confirmations for European customers (because of PSD2)
- Possibility to query organic results only (i.e., leave Pinned results and promotions out)
- Added a way to pass personalization events with the search query
- A function to change the number of facets to fetch
August 29th, 2019
- Possibility to sort search results by a custom field added to the separate results page.
- The length limitation of Promotions removed (previously 150 character limit).
- Fixed a bug in Search widget that caused infinite scrolling failing if the browser window was zoomed.
- Multiple new features in the Search API and JS API client:
- Set the JWT token to access protected search index
- Personalization related functions
- Price range filtering
- Possibility to control the number of search suggestions
- Facets. Support aggregated counts of matches per facet
July 30th, 2019
- Search results page: Fixed a bug where the “No results found” text was shown if pinned or promoted results were returned with a keyword not returning any organic search results.
- Search suggestions autocomplete activated to users in Professional, Premium and Enterprise plans. Contact us if you need any help with the implementation.
- Fixed an URL encoding issue causing problems with images that have spaces in their URLs.
- Added functionality to use a JWT protected search engine from the Dashboard’s front page (“try your search”).
- Dashboard: Add-on prices are now displayed correctly according to the selected payment interval.
June 25th, 2019
- Search suggestions officially launched. Try it out on our own search bar on the top right corner, or on the search results page. Contact us to learn more on the implementation.
- New feature: Protected search indices with JWT authentication.
- Added support for data types in custom fields. For example, a numeric custom field can be used with range filters.
- New user role: Read-only users (along with regular users and admins). Read-only users can see setting values and search analytics data, but can’t modify anything.
- Added support for Search suggestions and JWT authentication to the JS client library.
- Improved support of URLs with Chinese characters.
May 27th, 2019
- New feature: Parsing custom field values from JSON data. Also, support for dates and numbers for range filtering. Contact us to hear more.
May 15th, 2019
- New feature: Search suggestions autocomplete. Try our own search bar on the top right corner to see search suggestions. API and general availability will be launched shortly
- Added new language-specific stemming settings: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish
- Revamped Billing section on Dashboard with a possibility to upgrade or downgrade your subscription plan
- Fixed a bug causing a delay before synonyms started to work in search results
- New website published. Woohoo!
April 17th, 2019
- New feature: Possibility to set a language-specific stemming that support different word forms (e.g. plurals) in multiple languages and hugely improves support of non-latin languages (e.g. Chinese)
- Big performance improvements when searching very long articles (10 000+ characters).
- Improved styling options in Promotions. Text and background colors work now properly and styles are passed through the Search API as well.
- Improved Sitemap.xml support so unsupported file types (.mpg, .mp3, etc.) won’t be added to the indexing queue.
- New setting to the dedicated search results page: Load results without any search term with the “automatic_match_all_query” setting.
- Fixed an issue where a URL after redirection was not checked against robots.txt.
- Fixed Google Analytics integration when the old GA script (_gaq) is used.
March 25th, 2019
- New feature: Promotions! Create promotion ads that are shown with specific, or any, keywords. Available in Large and Enterprise plans.
- Improved Spanish, Finnish and German translations in search results views
- For new accounts and added domains, sitemap.xml is crawled by default from now on
- Improved session handling on Dashboard. Users stay logged in as long as the browser is open
March 5th, 2019
- Two new settings on the Dashboard: Index meta keywords and enable boosting by publishing date (newer articles get a higher score)
- Statistics: Popular keywords, keywords with no hits and keywords with no clicks are shown for API customers from now on. Read more on how to feed click events to our analytics
- From now on, HTTP redirects are followed when we’re downloading featured images
- Fixed the Pinned results feature when a keyword includes a dash character
- Widget view: Fixed positioning bug on mobile devices, which caused search results being misaligned in some scenarios
- Improved filtering against custom fields and fixed the Search API behavior when a custom field name contains spaces
February 7th, 2019
- New feature: Possibility to set language-specific stemming to your search index
- Possibility to pin search results directly with an URL on the Pinned results tool
- Possibility to control search widget‘s opening direction with a new setting “results_box_opening_direction”
- New filter on the dedicated search results page: Filter by price range
- Ready-made UI’s (Widget and Results page): Improved event listeners to get rid of warnings on Chrome
- WordPress plugin updated and tested all the way to WP 5.0.3
January 18th, 2019
- Added support for Croatian language to hosted search UIs
- Pinned results rolled out to all customers
- Revamped navigation structure on AddSearch Dashboard
- Improved paging beyond results page 9 on the dedicated search results page
- Fixed an issue causing some HTML hits without a featured image showing a PDF icon
- Added a possibility to append a custom CSS class name to the search results widget
- Improved search relevancy if a single page has multiple H1 titles
- Added support for language-specific stemmers for Enterprise customers
- Title filters are applied to Search API responses as well from now on
- Improved handling of RSS feeds
- Created new ways to crawl password-protected websites. Contact us if you’re interested in hearing more
December 20th, 2018
- New feature: Custom fields and filtering based on them
- Pinned results enabled to all customers
- Real time site area rules enabled to all customers
- Search widget: Support for right-to-left layout with the direction: ‘rtl’ setting
- Structural changes to Dashboard’s navigation hierarchy, settings divided to multiple pages
- Improved supports for languages with non-latin characters (Chinese, Japanese etc.)
- Fixed RSS feed support if URL contained uppercase characters
- Beta launch of a new organization management tool and limited user roles for Enterprise customers. Contact us if you’re interested to hear more.
November 28th, 2018
- Launched the Pinned results feature to manually curate search results. This feature is rolled out to existing customers during the following weeks.
- Launched the UI for synonyms. This feature is rolled out to existing customers with an appropriate plan during the following weeks
- Launched real-time Site area rules that don’t require re-crawling. This feature is rolled out to existing customers during the following weeks.
- Launched a feature to export all indexed URLs.
- Beta support for custom meta tags and filtering against them. For example, it’s possible to define a city name or article’s author in a meta tag and filter search results based on those values.
- Added a third, optional, attribute to dynamic category filters to prevent search results refreshing automatically after every time filters are modified.
- Added possibility to pre-define date range filter on load time in Separate results page’s settings.
- Widget and Separate results page views: Fixed an issue with document date not being shown if doc’s category was defined with a meta tag.
- Beta release of a possibility to use both Widget view and the Separate results page simultaneously on the same website.
October 12th, 2018
- Category filters can be now used to filter search results to PDF files only.
- Improved Dashboard behavior when the user session expires. From now on you’ll be directed to a login page properly.
- Improved Regular Expression support for Site area rules. With the prefix regex: you can create complex rules to boost your pages.
- Added a few new settings to the Dashboard: Show meta description instead of the standard highlight text with search results. Rename search query parameter on the traditional results page (default is ?addsearch=keyword)
- From now on, PDF’s are opened to a new tab by default. Link target can be adjusted with the new link_target setting though.
- Added possibility to filter search results by publishing date.
September 28th, 2018
- Dashboard and hosted demo page: First batch of styling changes released (for example colors and fonts).
- Started to list Enterprise customers’ payment receipts on the Dashboard’s Billing section.
- Search-as-you-type Widget: New setting to define the search field’s placeholder text.
- Improved URL handling on websites serving content over both HTTP and HTTPS.
- Tightened requirements for password strength.
- Improved file type detection to index missing Word and PowerPoint files.
- Created additional options to detect titles in PDF files.
September 11th, 2018
- Beta version of our new modal view is added to this website. On desktop computers, the modal view combines our instant search-as-you-type widget with a traditional results view. Try it out on the top right corner: Type something to the search field and press enter. The new results window will open.
Do you like it? How it could be improved? Send any comments and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 10th, 2018
- All-new sign-up flow launched for new customers.
- Added support to crawl websites behind HTTP basic authentication. Form-based auth is supported as well.
- Improved handling of relative paths in og:image tags.
- Improvements to PDF indexing:
- Increased the size of screen captures we take of PDF files.
- Started to index meta keywords from PDF files.
- Implemented a way to save the PDF’s description text from the file’s meta tags as well.
- Minor style tweaks to the search widget and hosted results page.
- From now on the value of an og:description tag is indexed if the meta description tag is missing or empty.
August 17th, 2018
- Our WordPress plugin got updated with a new shortcode: [addsearch]. Use the shortcode to add multiple search widgets to your posts, pages, and navigation.
- Widget view and Results page translated to Brazilian Portuguase
- Improved the way apostrophes are handled, especially on French websites. Contact us if you have had problems with apostrophes and you want to try the new method.
August 3rd, 2018
July 17th, 2018
- Added possibility to pass custom elements from HTML pages to the Search API. E.g. a page can have a meta field: <meta name=”author” content=”John Doe” />. The Search API can return the value (John Doe) with the search result
- Fixed the hashbang (#!) handling for those still using it (we can also crawl real single page apps or AJAX sites, e.g. built with React or AngularJS)
- Fixed the “page limit exceeded” warning on the Dashboard. Contact us to get as large quota as needed 🙂
June 21st, 2018
- New website out! Contact us if you have any issues with the site
- Major performance improvements to statistics dashboard
June 14th, 2018
- Another big one: E-commerce features launched to beta. Includes e.g. indexing and showing pricing information in search results. Contact us if you’re interested to try this out on your webstore
- Search algorithm changes: Proximity boost tweaked to promote multi-word matches with a small distance between the words. E.g. “big dog” boosts documents containing “dog that is big” and “big angry dog” along the exact match “big dog”
May 24th, 2018
Older product updates »