Adding content manually to the search
Normally, content gets added from your site to the search automatically. However, if you add new content or change something on your site that needs to be added to the search immediately, you can use the manual re-crawl available in the AddSearch Dashboard.
- Login to your AddSearch account.
- Go to Index tools
- Under Page status and actions add the specific URL of your new content, and press Check status.
- If the page is new, you will be prompted that “No document found with given URL.” Press Recrawl URL.
- If the page is indexed, the content is displayed. Scroll down and press Recrawl URL.
The content will be crawled and added to your index in the next minute or so.
Other, more automatic, methods to add content to your index are
- Push content through our API
- Request a crawl through our API
- Publish updates in an RSS feed
- Publish new pages in a sitemap.xml file