If you already have a site that runs AddSearch, or a test site, and you want to add AddSearch to a new site, you can simply add the new site & new search index to your existing AddSearch account. You do not have to create a new account.
Here’s how it works:
- Log in to your AddSearch account.
- Once logged in, click on “Account:email@example.com”, and choose “Add a New Site”.
- On the next page, fill in your URL and click “Create New Search”.
- AddSearch will then start crawling the site, and you will be guided through the rest of the process.
- Once finished, make sure that you install the correct, unique Site Key to your new site, otherwise the search index from the old page will appear on the new page. You can see that by logging in to your AddSearch account, and looking at the top left corner, where it will say “Now managing: yourwebsite.com”.
If this is not the correct URL, you can change that on the upper right corner, by clicking on “Change: yourwebsite.com” and choosing the correct one from the drop-down.”