Pinning the right search results for a specific search can be crucial to your business. While AddSearch has very capable search algorithms, there are still occasions when the results need to be handpicked and pinned on top of the search results.
One occasion for handpicking search results could be a sale for particular products, say iPhones or books from a prolific author. The search algorithm most probably returns the most recent or relevant phones or books in the search results. However, the search algorithm may not be aware of these products that are for sale.
To respond to these occasions, AddSearch has released a new feature that allows you to pick the best results for a specific search term, pin and arrange them in the desired order.
Which results come first?
To give an idea of how we make search results better for you and your customers, we will introduce how we rank searches with our algorithms as well as methods of pinning the searches yourself.
Our proprietary search algorithms are built on top of the Elasticsearch platform which is the leading industry standard for search solutions. For sorting out the search results, AddSearch ranks the indexed pages with algorithms. It also gives the opportunity for the users to handpick and arrange the most relevant documents amongst the search results.
Here are some of the components that affect the ranking of search results
- Self-learning algorithms, pin the search results that are clicked most often.
- Publishing date prioritizes the search results that have the most recent date. The publishing date can be defined by the user. For more information visit here.
- Hidden keywords increase the priority of indexed web pages in the search results when the user searches with the manually added hidden keyword. here.
- Site areas rules prioritize areas from the website. You can find more information visit here.
- Phrase matching prioritizes to the top of the search results exact phrases.
Pinned results feature adds to all of the components described above making the search results even better. It allows you to handpick the search results you want to pin them to the top of the search results for the defined search term.
The Pinned results feature is easy to use. All it takes are the following three steps
- Make a search with a central keyword
- Pin relevant search results
- Arrange the pinned results.
You can also Pin with URL.
The keyword used in the search should be central to what you wish to show to your visitors. Pinning and arranging search results depend on which search results are the most relevant to from the perspective of your business or other goals.
If you already have an account at AddSearch, follow these instructions from this link to implement the Pinned results feature on your Dashboard.
Where to use Pinned results?
Pinned search works in cases where you have a set of products from which you would like to handpick products and arrange them to appear first in the search. For a pinned search the best search terms would be those with an exact phrase that your customer uses. For instance manufacturers name, a product family, or author’s name.
Phone store that has older iPhone models on sale
- Search keyword iPhone returns all the iPhone models
- User pins the iPhone models that are on sale from the search results
- User arranges the most relevant iPhones from the pinned results
- The iPhones on sale return on top of the search results when the customer searches for iPhone
Selling paperback editions at a bookstore
- Search keyword author’s last name returns all the books from the author
- User pins the paperback editions from the search results
- User arranges the most relevant books from the pinned results
- The paperback edition books return on top of the search results when the customer searches the author
Pinned results are used for handpicking and arranging specific search results for a specific keyword. To find out what your visitors are searching you can use the statistics section in your Dashboard to determine what the most popular keywords are.
On a website that publishes blogs and sells books about vegan dishes the most popular keyword found from the statistics could be ‘pumpkin’. You could use ‘pumpkin’ as the keyword for the pinned search on your dashboard. Then you would pin and arrange the most relevant search results.
The pinned results give you an opportunity to select and arrange specific search results for a specific keyword. This helps you to guide your visitor to the desired page and allow you to serve the search results that benefit you and your customers. Pinned results helps you to make the searches better for you and your visitors.
Start a free trial or contact our sales to find more about our services.